When we created our 100 things to do and places to go in downtown Phoenix, Sens Asian Tapas was definitely on the short list of great restaurants. When I want to wow an out of town guest with an unexpectedly great dining experience, I know Sens will deliver.
Owner and Chef Johnny Chu has a true gift. He is innovative, passionate and pushes the boundaries with his creations. It is no wonder his name comes up when foodies talk about top Asian chefs in the country. Take a look at a few of the distinctive items you’ll find on the Sens Menu:
- Edamame: Steamed Edamame in a white truffle butter topped w/ sea salt
- Logan Shrimp: Shrimp and loganberry in spicy pepper sauce
- Volcano Flamed: Thinly sliced beef seared on hot stone
- Hong Kong Wonton: Pork and shrimp wonton steamed in a chili soy
- Green Papaya Salad: Shrimp, papaya, and mint in lime vinaigrette.
Chu also understands a restaurant and bar has to serve up more than just good food and drinks; It has to have a personality. Sens has that at well with a rare blend of chic modern and moodish intimacy. I have to add one more thought here and that is the music mix. Every time we’ve been to Sens the person mixing sound was an artist in himself. Its like he gets into the minds of the guests and serves up just the perfect blend of music and sound.
Monday – Friday 11 am – 2 pm
Monday – Thursday 5 pm – midnight
Friday – Saturday 5 pm – 2 am
Sunday 5 pm