We’ve put together a comprehensive Phoenix Convention Restaurant Guide for those coming to downtown Phoenix and the Phoenix convention center. The Phoenix Convention Restaurant Guide is broken down into a few sections:
- Restaurants within walking distance of the Phoenix Convention Center. This is done by noted areas.
- Local favorite restaurants in downtown Phoenix
- Pubs and Bars in downtown Phoenix.
Phoenix Convention Restaurant Guide
Places Close Phoenix Convention Center
Heritage Square Area:
East of the Phoenix Convention Center North Building
- Nobuo at Teeter House – Japanese Cuisine
- Pizzaria Bianco: Voted Best Pizza in the US. Great wine list and astounding Pizza. Very popular place so expect a long wait.
- Rose & Crown – English sandwich shop.
- Royal Coffee Bar – Great local coffee house and roaster.
Arizona Center Area:
North of Phoenix Convention Center North Building
- Starbucks Coffee: Need we say more?
- Hooters: National Chain Bar and Restaurant
- Canyon Café: Sothwestern style food. Gets decent Yelp reviews.
- Boka Pizza: Made to order pizza.
- Brick Pizza: Gets solid reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor.
- Mi Amigos: Locally owned Mexican Food restaurant & bar. Generally good reviews.
City Scape Area:
Located at 1st & Washington and SW of Phoenix Convention Center
- Arrogant Butcher: One of our favorites in all downtown. Great food and service
- Blue Hound: Upscale restaurant and bar inside the Hotel Palomar.
- Tilted Kilt: National Chain Sports Bar and Restaurant noted for skimpy costumed staff.
- Starbucks: You know who they are. We recommend trying one of our local coffee houses.
- Fuego: Latin cuisine is the specialty of this downtown restaurant.
- Squid Ink Sushi: Asian fusion and sushi in an ultramodern environment; Gets good reviews.
- Five Guys: Hard to beat for a good burger and fries. Not locally owned but darn good.
- GrabbaGreen: Smoothies and other healthy foods are their specialty.
Chase Field Area Area:
Located to the south of the Phoenix Convention Center
- Coaches Corner Grill: A top rated sports bar and restaurant.
- Friday’s Front Row: This TGI Friday’s restaurant in located inside Chase Field. Pretty fun place.
- Game Seven Grill: Open during sporting events. Mixed reviews on this place though.
- Hard Rock Cafe: National chain place with predictable food and faire.
Phoenix Convention Restaurant Guide — Local Favorites
When I’m in a new town I want to know where the local’s go. This part of our Phoenix Convention Restaurant Guide are some of the places local’s like to go. If you’re a local and see something we’ve missed leave a comment,
- Breadfruit Rum Bar:: Features great Seafood with a Jamaican flair. The bar has an amazing Rum selection. Located at 108 E Pierce.
- The Duce: Unlike any place you’ve been. Nestled in a historic warehouse building, The Duce brings back the feeling of a 1920’s Chicago speakeasy. Casual food and classic drinks. Located at 525 S. Central.
- Cibo: Our top pick for great pizza and Italian flair. Housed in a historic home with great patio dining, Located at 603 N 5th Ave.
- Majerles’s Sports Grill: A top pick before and after games in downtown Phoenix. Located at 24 N. Second St. near the Hyatt Regency.
- Fez: A real local’s favorite featuring a Mediterranean menu. Full bar and outdoor patio seating. Located at Portland and Central.
- Matt’s Big Breakfast: Matt is a big guy and his place is known across the US. Open for breakfast and lunch and worth the trip for an authentic American meal. Located at 825 N 1st Street.
- Pomo Pizza: This place has captured the pizza hearts of many. Thin crust is their specialty. Small place with a patio. Located at 705 North 1st St.
- Durant’s: A Phoenix steak house tradition for over 60 yearsl Located at 2611 North Central Avenue.
- Bittter & Twisted: A new player in downtown Phoenix that has quickly become a favorite with an extensive bar menu. Located at 1st Ave and Jefferson in the Luhr’s building.
Phoenix Convention Restaurant Guide — Bars and Pubs
- Angel’s Trumpet: This award wining craft beer house is a treat. Light food fare, a dog friendly patio and 31 beer taps add to making this a top choice. Located at 810 N 2nd Street.
- Bar Smith: A favorite place to go dancing. Hip hop downstairs, electro on the roof. Evenings only. Located at 130 E Washington.
- Rose & Crown: An authentic English Pub with light food faire. Located in Heritage Square.
- Mother Bunch: A relative new comer to the downtown scene. Besides a fine selection of craft beers they have excellent food. It is housed in a great downtown historic building.
- Seamus McCaffey’s: A classic Irish Pub that’s always full of character. Some good Irish food faire too.
- Bitter and Twisted: This is an old style mixologist place. Modern in a classic style and in the heart of downtown.
- Alice Cooperstown: Named after the rocker, Alice Copper, this is a big place with lots of screens and mostly outdoor drinking and dining. A big sports venue place. Located at 101 E Jackson in the southern part of downtown Phoenix.
We hope this Phoenix Convention Center Restaurant Guide will help you enjoy downtown Phoenix even more. Check out our 100 Things to Do in Downtown Phoenix article for other things to do like shopping, museums, tours and more.
Naturally, if you are thinking about buying a place in the Phoenix region… we’d be honored to help.
Best to you,
The Caniglia Group
7600 N 16th St #100
Phoenix, AZ 85020