Homes for Sale in Downtown Phoenix
Homes for Sale in Downtown Phoenix Information
Welcome to our homes for sale downtown Phoenix page. We offer a lot of information about homes for sale in downtown Phoenix besides the normal list of homes. We feel it is important to know about the area as well as the homes.
Homes for Sale in Downtown Phoenix — Area Information
Downtown Phoenix is a happening place. Since the early 2000’s much has changed the culture and activeness of the area. ASU opened a downtown campus adding a student vibe, UA Medical School added and TGen added bio-science to the mix, Metro Light Rail was added making travel much easier and lots of businesses moved back to the city core to take advantage of the growing downtown Phoenix economy.
The result has been nothing short of amazing. Lots of new restaurants, the opening of City Scape, expansion of the Phoenix convention center, a true nightlife and lots of events make life in downtown Phoenix both exciting and popular.
When we talk about downtown Phoenix from a real estate standpoint, we cover a broad area bounded by Jackson St. (south), McDowell Rd. (north), 7th St. (east) and 7th Ave. (west). Local’s refer to the area north of McDowell as Midtown and thus not covered in this article about homes for sale in downtown Phoenix.
Many of the 35 designated historic districts lay in the city core. We’ve written articles about the various historic districts and will note some of the downtown core’s most noteworthy. In addition to historic homes from the early to mid 1900’s, downtown has a bevy of condo and loft communities. Some date back to the mid-1900’s and carry a mid-century feel while several popped up in the late 1900’s and early 2000’s… a few new ones are on the horizon as well.
Homes for Sale in Downtown Phoenix — Historic homes and neighborhoods
There are several areas you will find some sweet older homes… many from the 1920’s. This was the time of revival style architecture featuring Tudor Revival, Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, among others. Prior to the 1920’s we see more bungalow style homes and after the Great Depression transitional ranch and California ranch were the rave. Below we’ll point out some of the popular historic neighborhoods in downtown Phoenix. Note: We have linked each district to articles that have YouTube virtual tours of the neighborhoods.
- — Willo Historic District: A large historic neighborhood known for its many well cared for homes from the 1920’s to 1940’s. They host a great home tour each year that draws 1000’s to the area.
- — Roosevelt Historic District: Noted for it large Bungalow style homes from Phoenix’s early days. People love the walkability of the neighborhood and easy access to light rail and lots of downtown Phoenix activities.
- — East Evergreen Historic District: One of Phoenix’s oldest neighborhoods. The Arizona Republic wrote a feature article on it too.
- — Alvarado Historic District: Rather than read out it check out our Alvarado YouTube Video.
- — East Alvarado Historic District: A small enclave of homes from the 1930’s and 40’s.
- — Ashland Place Historic District: A very sweet neighborhood located near the Heard Museum and Light Rail.
- — Los Olivos Historic District: If you are looking for some amazing larger homes. Los Olivos has some stunners.
There are a lot of condo towers and mid-size developments in the downtown Phoenix area. A few of the most popular are Artisan on Central, Portland Place, Regency House, and Summit at Copper Square. We have a page dedicated to condos in the region where you can get extensive info on these and other places. Downtown Phoenix condo and loft info page.
Homes for Sale in downtown Phoenix AZ — Additional Page Features
- — A list of homes for sale in downtown Phoenix… condos too is found below
- — Our lifestyle home search tool lets you add special criteria to your home search like proximity to a specific school, church, business or even a coffee house… tabs at top of page.
- — The Area Info tab has a bevy of information about downtown including: school information, demographics, type of jobs in the area and much more… see tabs at top of page.
- — NEW ITEM: We now have information about homes recently sold in downtown Phoenix.
- — Walk Score Info for downtown is found near the top of the page.
We hope this article about homes for sale in downtown Phoenix has been helpful. If we can help you find a place, get you more information or chat about downtown over a cup of java, just toss us an email at Steve@thecanigliagroup.com.
The Caniglia Group
7600 N 16th St #100
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Homes For Sale in downtown Phoenix – Condos and Lofts Too