(3-5 min read)
Love is in the air in Downtown Phoenix
February is known as the month of romance and food. It’s also the perfect month to celebrate everything that brings you joy all month long.
Instead of one fancy dinner date on that illusive “Hallmark” holiday, why not celebrate all month long? Whether it’s self-love, friend love or a forever love, we’ve rounded up 5 fun things we’re crushing on this month in downtown Phoenix. Check them out:
- Travel to Nashville … with your taste buds. Monroe’s Hot Chicken is Phoenix’s first Nashville hot chicken joint, located in downtown Phoenix. Diners can choose from six levels of heat. The lowest heat setting, Southern style, has no heat at all, while the hottest comes with a waiver and a sobering warning from the chef. So take your date and spice things up a bit with this “hot” spot.
- Bring the wine at GenuWine. This unique bistro offers a self-serve wine bar, a build your own cheese board and various classes and events to keep date nights anything but ordinary.
- Keep the laughs rolling at Stand Up Live in downtown Phoenix. This iconic comedy spot is known for having big named acts and features Phoenix’s finest comics — guaranteed to tickle even the most fickle funny bone. Seats are first come, first served, so don’t wait until stage lights go up before you take your seat!
- Quit playing games with my heart and play them at The Duce. This downtown Phoenix hotspot offers ping pong, duce bag (corn hole), shuffleboard and foosball. It also features unforgettable dishes and a “sweet” 1915 Chicago drug store soda fountain that serves up some delicious homemade ice cream creations.
- Go, sports! Visit the sun, Phoenix Suns that is, and take in an NBA game! Fun tidbits to drop during the game, the Suns are the only team in their division not based in California! See the talent of the future, and three cheers for the home team.
Now grab your friends, your family or that funny Valentine and check out all of the cool happenings going on in downtown Phoenix this month, and show some love in the comments below for your favorite DTPHX hot spot.