These days, who needs a fancy holiday to celebrate love? From celebrating your love, your family, self-love, or friend love, we’ve rounded up ways you can observe them all month and all year long.
- What says love more than pizza? The answer… nothing. With its quaint patio and historic charm, CIBO is the perfect downtown Phoenix spot to share your love of pizza. After all, there’s a reason it tops so many best restaurant lists!
- Take your friendship to new levels and explore the downtown oasis that is Phoenix’s Japanese Friendship Garden. The walkable pathways wind through a lush green landscape peppered with plants native to Japan, koi-filled ponds, a 12-foot waterfall, tea garden and so much more.
- Grab dinner and a movie at FilmBar. The independent cinema specializes in indie and foreign films, but also plays cult classics like Mean Girls and the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Grab a drink, some popcorn, or tasty tamales from the spot next door and enjoy an evening at the movies!
- Ready for some laughs? Head to Stand Up Live. This comedy spot is known for hosting big named acts, as well as Phoenix’s most popular comics – all guaranteed to make you laugh. Pro tip: seats are first come first served, so don’t wait until stage lights go up before you find a spot!
- Enjoy the beautiful spring air with some wine and yard games at Oven+Vine downtown. With a menu brimming with wine, flatbreads, and delicious appetizers, there is something for everyone. Bonus: this gem of a spot has the perfect patio, complete with classic yard games.
No matter what you do this month and beyond, remember that time together is always a good idea and there are dozens of amazing downtown spots that can make that time even more special.