If you have never been to the Willo Home tour you are in for a treat. About a dozen historic homes in the open their doors to the public. This annual event draws thousands of people across the Valley to see some of the finest examples of 1920’s through 1940’s homes in the Phoenix area.
People have asked us what makes the Willo Historic Home Tour so special. There are a number of reasons.
- The Willo Home Tour is the big-daddy of historic home tours in the Phoenix area.
- Willo Historic District is home to many of the finest historic homes in downtown Phoenix. Lots of Tudor and other revival style homes from the 1920’s and 1930’s make this tour very special.
- There are only 3 annual historic home tours offered in downtown Phoenix as well as the semi-annual Encanto/Palmcroft tour. Thus there are few opportunities to view these special homes that speak to our City’s history and heritage.
- Willo Historic District is well known for having some of the most well-cared historic homes in the Valley.
- Heck, its just plain fun to spend a Sunday looking at cool homes, listening music and being part of a festival.
Below is the information you need if you want to attend this great event. Feel free to call us if you have questions that are not answered here. We love historic homes and are happy to help spread the knowledge we’ve picked up over the years.
2012 Willo Historic Home Tour Information and Tickets
When: Sunday, February 12, 2012
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Where to Park: Free parking is located at 202 N. Central in the AZ Central Credit Union garage.
Light Rail: You can take light rail to the Willo Tour. We usually get off at the Encanto station and walk west.
Food and Beverage: The Willo Tour has a street festival with lots of food vendors to keep you well fed.
How To Get Around The Tour: The Willo Tour is a self guided pedestrian style event. There are some trolleys that make stops around the neighborhood.
Ticket Information for 2012 Willo Historic Home Tour
Tickets are available on site or online through the Willo Tour Ticket Web site
Tickets purchased at the tour ticket table are $18.00. Advanced tickets bought online are just $15.00
Tickets purchased in advance will be held at the Will Call Table located at 3rd Ave. & Monte Vista.
We hope to see you at the 2012 Willo Historic Home tour.
Gene Urban and Ron Urban
The Urban Team at Realty Executives
7600 N. 16th Street, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85020