Set in Downtown Phoenix’s historic Roosevelt Row Arts District, Portland Place overlooks the Japanese Friendship Garden and boasts eye-catching views of Margaret T. Hance Park and the downtown skyline.
Portland Place is certainly a top choice when looking to buy a condo or loft in Downtown Phoenix. There is simply something special about this development. We feel this is due in large part to the incredible design team at Davis Architects.
Davis Architects is a multi-city firm with offices in Tempe, AZ. Their work, exemplified at Portland Place, is something special and timeless. This is seen in other Davis projects like The Buttes Resort, Westgate in Glendale and the Hayden Ferry Lakeside residential community on Tempe Town Lake.
As you turn west on Portland Street off of Central Avenue, you’re greeted by a tree-lined street with a large grassy center island, walkways and art scape. On your right is Portland Place with its mix of brownstone, metal and glass giving off a definite Frank Lloyd Wright feel.
The complex has a welcoming courtyard with a contemporary lobby area where you will find the fitness center, mail room and elevators. You’ll often see residents, many with dogs, just hanging out in the lobby shooting the breeze with neighbors. It is a friendly place.
The condo units are varied in floor plan, materials and design. The mix of cabinet styles/woods, flooring and accents in the various homes is unusual since many developers during the 2006 era had a what-you-see-is-what-you-get mentality. The result at Portland Place is an anti-cookie-cutter feel.
The rooftop amenities level is something special. Like many condos, they have a cooking area and pool, yet it’s how Davis Architects designed the space that’s unusual. The entire area flows and the pool is a work of art you just have to see, especially at sunset.
As you can tell, we think Portland Place is pretty special, so do the homeowners we’ve spoken with. They like how close it is to the Valley Metro Light Rail, the Roosevelt Row Arts District, great dining and the urban experience of a downtown region. Plus, everyone talks about how congenial and sociable the condo owners are.
Below you’ll find bit more information about Portland Place condos including a virtual tour of the place and a list of units currently for sale. If there is one you’d like to see, we can help make it happen.
Information about Portland Place Condos in Downtown Phoenix AZ
- There are 54 condo and loft units at Portland Place.
- Portland Place Condominiums was built in 2006/2007.
- Condo Units range in size from 892 sq.ft. to luxury penthouses in the 2800 sq.ft. range.
- Units have balconies and many have views of the city, mountains and Japanese Friendship Garden.
- Stacked brick fireplaces add a contemporary feel.
- Underground, secured parking. Visitors can utilize a separate underground parking area.
- Elevators to all floors including the roof-top pool and community area.
- Fitness Center.
- Key Fob Secured Access .
- Roof-top Pool and community area. This is a pool you have to see. Just imagine sitting 7 floors above the city sitting in a heated pool that has long views of the city, South Mountain and Arizona’s epic sunsets.
Virtual Tour and Pictures of Portland Place Condos in Phoenix AZ