On our list of 100 things to do and places to go in downtown Phoenix is the Chase Field Tour. This should be of special interest to those attending the 2011 MLB All Star Game happening in downtown Phoenix in July 2011.
Chase Field has lots of features that make this one of the top baseball fields in America including dbTV, a truly huge high definition video scoreboard, a retractable roof that is a marvel of engineering, our famous swimming pool suite, and several restaurants including Friday’s Front Row and the Arizona Baseball Club.
The guided walking tour is the only way fans can see the behind the scenes features of one of America’s premier baseball parks. Below are important details about the tour that will help make the experience fun and memorable.
- The tour lasts about an hour and 15 minutes
- You’ll be doing a fair amount of walking so comfortable clothing and shoes is a good idea.
- Hope you are not elevator challenged as you’ll be going up and down a few times.
- If you need a wheelchair, you may request one at the Tour Ticket Window prior to the tour.
- The majority of the tour route is NOT air-conditioned so dress accordingly and bring water.
- Cameras, video cameras and bottled water are permitted, but not backpacks, large purses and food.
- Cell phones and pagers are allowed, just don’t disturb others with their use.
- The actual playing field is out of bounds on the tour. You can see it, just not walk on it.
- Parking is available at the Chase Field Garage. Present your parking ticket at the Tour Ticket Window to receive a special parking validation rate of $2 per vehicle (excluding pre-game tours).
- No Tours will be held on the days of day games, major holidays, and special events. So don’t expect to go on tour the day of the 2011 All Star Game.
- Please call the Tour Hotline, and listen to the “Tour Operating Schedule” message for the latest tour schedule. You can reach them at: 602-462-6799 or 800-821-7160.
- Dates, times, and areas seen are subject to change without notice.
- You can surprise a friend by ordering a Gift Certificate for a Tour… that will earn you some big points too.
PS… if you need info about home for sale in the Phoenix area, we know even more about that than we do Chase Field Tours. We are the Urban Team and we love to share information about our city, including the wonderful homes available for purchase. We can be reached at 602-234-5777 or Gene@UrbanTeamAZ.com